You may recall seeing Rickie Fowler wearing a super sweet hat en route to his record-breaking victory at the Hero World Challenge in the Bahamas earlier this month. (If you don’t, well, see photo below taken following the first round at Albany GC.)
Per usual, Rickie made a fashion statement, debuting his new PUMA Golf P Snapback Cap.
Surely everyone’s immediate reaction was similar and you were like, that’s such an awesome hat; I want one. So you added it to your Christmas wish list and you’re betting it’ll show up in your stocking, but there’s a chance that Santa decides you don’t deserve it or forgets it. Which would really suck. Alas, great news! — we’re having a giveaway for Rickie’s go-to hat for the upcoming season, and you don’t just have one chance to win, but THREE!
Learn how to enter…It’s easy!
*Pick a word that starts with a “P,” and write a 500-word essay about why it’s significant to you and/or defines the past year for you. You will be automatically eliminated for spelling and grammar errors. OK, I took that too far.
Here’s how to enter. For real:
- Watch the above video and laugh at/with me.
- Pick a word that begins with “P”
- Write deep (or shallow) thought(s) on why/what your “P”-word means to you/stands for. Basically, tell me what the “P” stands for in your mind. Don’t overthink or do overthink. It can be whatever your heart desires. The answer can be 2 words, 2 sentences or 200 words.
- You must leave your answer in the comments section below on this website — WeiUnderPar.com. (I’ve volunteered friend of blog Rachel from PUMA as the judge to pick the winners.)
- Deadline: Friday, December 22, 2017 at 3pm ET.
Rickie’s hat almost immediately caught my attention because, well, it was different. I felt kind of stupid asking him what the “P” stood for, so, I dropped the question kind of casually in passing, and then, it started a conversation. And I found out I wasn’t alone — both that I wanted to know about the deep meaning of the “P” and that I liked the hat.
But wait, what *is* the deal with the P? It can stand for PUMA. But it can stand for whatever your heart desires: Power, Passion, Practice, Patience, Par, Pro, Perseverance, Pioneer, etc.
Winners will be announced or notified, so check back here and stay tuned! Good luck!
Happy holidays! XO
*UPDATE: Congrats to the winners — Rus, Steve Clark and Christine. Please email me with your mailing addresses. Thanks to all for the thoughtful and fun entries. Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season and a very happy new year!