Jordan Spieth obviously has had an incredible year — winning the first two majors of the season at the Masters and the U.S. Open, notching five victories on the PGA Tour, including the Tour Championship and the year-long FedEx Cup race, not to mention being named PGA Tour Player of the Year. The list goes on.
Well, AT&T, one of Spieth’s sponsors, decided to celebrate the 22-year-old Texan with a giant mosaic of the golfer’s likeness that was made with 24,152 golf balls at Main Street Gardens in downtown Dallas.
Some more details on this amazing work of art:
· 24,152 golf balls are used (placed on tees) with the grass acting as negative space; a team of 25 individuals worked to set up the mosaic
· The golf balls will be donated to the Dallas chapter of The First Tee, as well as the Northern Texas PGA.
· There will be a national ad campaign congratulating Jordan with this mosaic across TV and print starting Nov. 4
· The mosaic will be open to the public for up-close viewing on Wed., Oct. 28 and Thurs., Oct. 29; deconstruction of the mosaic will take place that evening
· There is a viewing platform so that the public can see the mosaic from above
Check out the cool time lapse of the build from start to finish: