Buoyed by my complimentary words last week*, Spencer Levin is charging away from the pack during the second round of the Legitimate Businessmen Phoenix Open.
At 11-under-par for the tournament, he’s currently four shots clear of Bubba Watson, the terminally untroubled Jason Dufner and Bo Van Pelt.
Let’s hope, for the sake of young Levin’s self-esteem, that the fragile truce between the warring elements of his subconscious holds up until the close of play.
Points of Interest:
- Is Big Phil playing himself into a little bit of early season form?
- Trevor Immelman may not be back.
- Is Bubba Watson the best American player on Tour?
- Of the top-five in the current FedEx Cup standings – Johnson Wagner, Brandt Snedeker, Mark Wilson, Steve Stricker and Martin Laird – who will finish the season with the highest post-season ranking and/or PGA Tour earnings?
- Stewart Cink shot 83 yesterday.
*Not a statement of fact.